Last Updated on 2023-05-13 | Originally Posted on 2019-06-12
Welcome to the Piano Parent Portal!
This page is dedicated to everyone enrolled in my studio, including my teen and adult students, in addition to piano parents. If you’re not yet a member of the studio, please make sure to also stop by my Piano Lessons page.
I update this page and the links referenced periodically. Let me know if there is anything I can do to make this page better. Enjoy!
You can register for in-person and online lessons using this tool. When choosing a lesson slot, please look at the icon: If the icon is a church, that is an in-person lesson at Central Methodist. That can be converted to an online lesson if necessary. If the icon is a camera, that is an online lesson run from my home. That cannot be converted into an in-person lesson.
Policy – Updated January 2023
The current policy, updated in January 2023, includes only two changes over the major update of July 2022. Please click Show Details below to see the January 2023 changes summarized.
If you already acknowledged the policy this program year, you don’t have to do so again until the 2023-2024 policy is introduced.
Lessons for school-aged, full-semester students, are priced by a monthly rate that follows the fall or spring semester tuition plan. The price for all other students, including those who begin after the beginning of the semester, is calculated from the base rate for a half-hour. Rates for all lessons follow:
- 30 minutes: $109/month, $30.50 base rate
- 40 minutes: $140/month, $39.50 base rate
- 45 minutes: $155/month, $43.50 base rate
- 60 minutes: $205/month, $57 base rate
Semesters and Summer Term
- Spring Semester – Early January through Mid-May
- Summer Term – Late May through Early August
- Fall Semester – Mid-August through Late December
My policy discusses how each semester works. Made simple, the fall and spring semesters are fixed blocks of lessons with monthly tuition. The summer term is more flexible; it accommodates summer camps, family vacations, and the need for downtime.
Piano Teaching Posts
I’ve done major rework to my Practice Corner posts so that they now form my core of advice to all piano parents. I invite you to take a look, since I know you will find something useful for you!
- Books – A list of method, repertoire, and technique books I recommend
- Calendar – A calendar of semester/term and seasonal events in the studio
- Checklist – Supplies you should have as a piano student
- Directions/Building Map – Find where Lessons and Recitals Occur at Central Rogers
- Payment Methods – All accepted methods including check and bank bill pay
- Piano Recital Checklist – Dress code and more for the big day
- Device Setup – Tips for setting up your phone, tablet, or laptop for an online lesson
- MMS Online Resources – Download online resources that are referenced in lesson notes and in newsletters
- Music Apps – A small but growing list of curated apps
- Recommended Recordings – Find your recording here as indicated from MMS lesson notes
- Video Recording Guide – Proven tips for online recitals and festivals
- Photo Gallery – Pictures from piano parties, recitals, festivals, and more
- Piano Festivals – General information about the festivals in which you can participate
- Sonatina Celebration Preparation – More information for this fall festival
- ASMTA Regional Festival Preparation – More information for this spring festival
- ASMTA Regional Festival Detailed Preparation – Password-Protected File for Current Participants Only
- Piano Methods – This page discusses choices for beginner students, whether they be children or adults.
I’ve set up a separate page for this that you can access by clicking below. It could be a conversation you want to have or something that might help me in my teaching. It could be to offer a testimonial or review. Whatever it is, I’m always grateful for feedback, because teaching is a never-ending learning experience.